8.17.2018

142.3


My Trim Healthy Mama journey began postpartum. I lost 76 pounds, and made it to my goal weight before God gifted us with a second daughter. Now, four months postpartum again, I'm finishing my journey back to goal weight with fourteen more pounds to lose.

As a society, we thrive on instant results. If I pay a bill, I want my confirmation email to arrive before I click on my email application to check for it. That's part of the reason why this journey back to goal weight is so much harder the second time around. As my body heals and trims and thrives, the changes feel slower. I know how it feels to want bigger numbers and faster results.

This is the second time I've made the journey. The first time I made it to goal weight on Trim Healthy Mama, watching the scale drop and my body shrink was motivation enough. But losing the baby weight this second time, after giving birth to Portia, the body changes feel like old hat, "Yes, I've been here before. Last summer I was smaller than I am this summer."

It's easy to be impatient in this in-between stage! My goal weight clothes are too small, and my maternity clothes are too big! So as a treat to celebrate being below 145 again (142.3!), I got myself this classy, modest, beautiful dress. It's got this great structure, and it gives me a confidence that I lack when my clothes don't fit well. Structure and stretch, as beautiful a pairing as trim and healthy! 

But I KNOW I'm going to make it to goal weight again.

How do I know? Because this plan works.

I wanted to round up all of my Healthy Helpmeet Posts so that you had a one-stop spot to read about my journey, my victories, and my tips. Click on the titles below to view the blog posts.


Mama Friend's Testimonial : Bethany G.
Mama Friend's Testimonial : Leah A.
Mama Friend's Testimonial : Candace C.
Mama Friend's Testimonial : Rachel S.
Mama Friend's Testimonial : Jackie K.

I am a Trim Healthy Mama Certified coach, and I have a couple of spots left in my September Healthy Helpmeet Jumpstart Group Class. Click on the link "Healthy Helpmeet" in my header to send me an email and reserve your spot. Keep your victories in front of you and keep on trimming, ladies!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!