4.11.2018

Amanda N. on Journey Back to Goal Weight


Now that Portia is born, and I'm headed back to goal weight, our family is focusing back on plan, no crossovers.

Seeing other mamas who are sticking with the plan and having success always encourages me, so for the next couple of weeks, I'll be interviewing my Trim Healthy Mama friends so you can be inspired by their stories as well, as I begin this journey back to goal weight! Let's help each other!

We'll start with my story, up to this point. Before and afters are what inspired me to begin, so I make them every time I think of it.










1. What got you started on your Trim Healthy Mama Journey and what made you stick with it? 


I'd been following the Facebook page, and at the turn of the year (January 2016) there were so many women posting their before and afters. The changes in those ladies were so drastic, I wanted to be one of them. I weighed myself once a week for over a year, and EVERY WEEK that I stayed on plan I lost weight. Those results kept me on plan and hustling. This plan works. I lost 76 pounds and made it to goal weight before this pregnancy, and now, we're headed there again!

2. What is your biggest challenge on Trim Healthy Mama and how do you overcome it? 


We budget really hard-core. Like, I spend so little on food some of y'all would be worried about our survival skills, so that's my biggest challenge (spending next to nothing and staying on plan), but it's self-imposed. You can do this plan on any budget, especially if you have an Aldi nearby.

3. What is your favorite Trim Healthy Mama Resource?



4. What are your go-to snacks?


Fruit (normally apple) and light cheese stick
On plan popcorn
There are many others, but those are my easiest, throw in the diaper bag and go, snacks.

5. Do you have any tips or tricks you wish you had learned earlier?


When you want to cheat, and I mean REALLY want something indulgent and terrible for you, eat a crossover. Make yourself a guilt-free crossover (Sprouted bread with butter. Or sweet potato with butter. Or butter on rice. Man, all of my crossover daydreams today are drenched in butter. Mmm.). On Trim Healthy Mama we keep our carbs and fats separate in our meals to keep our bodies burning the stored fat, but when you feel like you'll explode without a cheat, have a crossover (fats and carbs together). You're indulging yourself without going off-plan. Your body won't have to go through detox again and re-heal, but you'll have gotten your treat.


6. What is your favorite crowd pleaser or family favorite meal/dessert? 

This chicken, bacon chowder is the best fat meal that there is, AND you just throw it in the crock-pot. http://www.husbandofahomeschoolingmom.com/2013/12/10/chicken-bacon-chowder-thm-style/#more-2295


If you have specific questions about Trim Healthy Mama or my personal journey, leave them on my Facebook Page! I'd love to be a help!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!