7.11.2017

Easy Eggplant Dish









Our garden is bursting with vegetables, so, in an effort to use things while they were fresh, I threw this dish together. My husband took some of it for lunch before I had tried it, and he sent me a text that said, "This eggplant stuff is delicious!"

It's always encouraging to pull off a dish that was my own invention. Here's the simple step by step. We ate this dish both warm and cold, and it was summertime perfect both ways.

Ingredients

  • 2 Eggplants (sliced like a tomato for sandwiches)
  • 3 Tomatoes (sliced as you would for sandwiches)
  • 4 oz. of Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
  • Parmesan Cheese
  • Fresh Basil
  • Mineral Salt 
  • Pepper
Preheat your oven to 350. In your CorningWare or Dutch Oven, cover the bottom with a layer of sliced eggplant. On top of that layer, add a layer of tomatoes. Repeat: another layer of eggplant, followed by another layer of tomatoes. Here I shredded 2 oz of mozzarella cheese. Next I added another layer of eggplant, followed by another layer of tomatoes, and then finished the layers with one last layer of eggplant. After the last eggplant layer, you shred another 2 oz of mozzarella cheese, and then sprinkle the dish liberally with parmesan cheese, mineral salt, and pepper. Lastly, I picked some fresh basil from our herb garden and (after rinsing it) added it to the top. Let your dinner bake for 30 minutes, while you rinse your cutting board. I love an easy dinner.

Here's the break down:

Eggplant
Tomato
Eggplant
Tomato
Cheese
Eggplant
Tomato
Eggplant 
Cheese
Basil

Oh, man, I'll be doing this all summer. It is an S, with the cheese, but it's a light, fresh tasting S. Seventy-six pounds down and a Trim Healthy Mama for life! Happy Trimming, ladies!

To join our Trim Healthy Mama journey, you can follow me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ahelpmeetforhim/ or Instagram https://www.instagram.com/ahelpmeetforhim/ . I'll see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!