4.30.2018

152.6


A week after giving birth to Portia, I stepped on the scale. 161.1.

With the end goal of 128 pounds, I started taking steps back towards being on Trim Healthy Mama 100% that week. Let's be honest, that first week I ate almost a full box of off-plan buttery crackers on my own. Bleh.

Now, four weeks after giving birth, back on plan 100%, I weigh in at 152.6. 25 pounds left to lose!

Some of that loss is just postpartum body changes, but I'd like to imagine my self-discipline is also helping. Matt has been back on plan 100% as well, and he's lost 5 pounds himself, with the end goal of losing 15-20 pounds total.

Since we've made this journey to goal weight before, it is easier this time. I already have a good grasp on which foods are carbs and which ones are fats (the hardest part for me when I was originally learning the plan was to remember which foods fell into which category). During my pregnancy, I got used to having crossovers (fat and carbs together, allowed when pregnant, but not good for weight loss), so retraining my brain to keep them separate, after allowing myself that leniency, is the trickiest part this time.

After Portia was born, we were given several meals from church friends and family members, many of which were thoughtfully on plan! One of my main "tips" for meeting any goal is to say it out loud. Say it to your friends and family! Say it to strangers. Post it on your Facebook. Speak life into your goals.

I want to lose 25 more pounds and weigh 128 pounds by the end of 2018, and I'm going to use Trim Healthy Mama as my path to get there because it worked for me the last time I had to make this journey back to goal weight.

There, I said it. Again. And I'll keep saying it until I get to my goal. Even if they don't actively support you, letting people know what your goals are and the path you're taking to get to that goal, helps keep you accountable.

What are your goals, friend?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!