4.18.2018

Rachel S. on Journey Back to Goal Weight


Now that Portia is born, and I'm headed back to goal weight, our family is focusing back on plan, no crossovers. Seeing other mamas who are sticking with the plan and having success, always encourages me, so I'm interviewing a couple of my mama friends so you can be inspired by their stories as well! Let's help each other!


Rachel and I were friends in college. Both of us are married and raising a babe or two now, and we've kept in touch through Facebook. Watching her stick to plan and lose weight after having her son, makes me want to cheer! Yay for mamas with self-discipline! In the first picture, she had only lost 10 pounds, but she was feeling awesome, and her second picture is twenty-three pounds down, at Goal Weight!

Let's get to her interview!

1. What got you started on your Trim Healthy Mama Journey and what made you stick with it? 


Not being able to lose my baby weight is what made me want to start Trim Healthy Mama. Also, seeing several friends on my Facebook have success with the program. What really made me stick with it was ability to have desserts!

2. What is your biggest challenge on Trim Healthy Mama and how do you overcome it? 


Cooking, because my husband hates anything healthy! It can be frustrating to want to cook when I always have to cook extra-healthy sides for me and non-healthy sides for him. The best way I have learned to overcome it is by cooking a meat we will both eat, then doing separate sides, so I'm not fully cooking two different meals.

3. What is your favorite Trim Healthy Mama Resource?


THM facebook page 

4. What are your go-to snacks?


Smoothies and milkshakes 
Lunch meat, berries, and pickled okra
Cheese sticks

5. Do you have any tips or tricks you wish you had learned earlier?


Read the ingredients list and not the nutrition chart.
Just because it says it's sugar free does not mean it's actually sugar free.

6. What is your favorite crowd pleaser or family favorite meal/dessert? 


*This was my go to dessert starting out. So yummy and freezes very well. http://pinterest.com/pin/241857442469337231/?source_app=android

*These are very yummy E and and make a easy snack. I make them into muffins and my toddler loves them

*Super easy alfredo sauce that's perfect for dinner

2 comments:

  1. I pinned the sauce and banana cake to try sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore your lovely comments!