7.09.2017

House Debt: July




God has given us the big goal of getting out of house debt and staying out of debt going forward. Once we finish paying off our house, we want to save up the difference between our current home and our dream home, and then buy our dream home with cash. In February, I took Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University and took a solid look at the Bible verses surrounding finances and debt.

As July is beginning, we have $71,668.93 left on our mortgage. I'm typing out this post for a couple of reasons: First of all: Getting out of debt is possible, and we do not have an exceptional income. Anyone can do this. Secondly, when God gives you a big goal, He provides the way. 

Psalm 81:10 I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.

As we started working towards this goal, I felt the need to make extra income to help. I'm a capable person who graduated from college, and I only work a part time job a couple of days a week. I spoke to Matt about wanting to make extra money, and he said he was only comfortable with me doing jobs that allowed me to keep Charlotte with me. Of course, he's right. My first priority is our daughter and our household. 

1 Timothy 5:14 I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.

At first it seemed like there was no opportunity that fit the bill, but then God gave Matthew and I the same idea; I could sell items online. It takes time, but time is something I have, and I know that God handed that idea to us. I kept track of the extra money I was making, and we were so excited with our forward progress. Then, out of nowhere, we had car trouble in multiple cars. In a matter of weeks we had to replace an axle, brakes, roters, battery, and a transmission. All the money I had earned selling things, which I thought was extra, went straight into these emergencies. To be honest, it was defeating. I felt like all the money I had made didn't get to go toward our goal. But, truthfully, God knew our needs before they happened and provided the finances to meet them so we wouldn't be set back. He's ever faithful.

Another area God has recently given me victory in is obedience to my husband.

Titus 2:4-5 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.

Normally I don't have trouble with obeying Matt, but normally Matt doesn't ask me to do something I don't want to do; or, more accurately, to not do something I wanted to do. There was something I wanted to do, that seemed harmless enough to me, that Matt didn't think was a good idea, and he asked me not to do it. I still thought about doing it, when he wasn't around. He would never know. No one would know I was disobeying him. But if I chose to disobey him, I'd be doing something that I knew was wrong, and he that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin (James 4:17).

Get God's Word in you, so that He can use it in your mind. He brought all of these different verses to my mind during my internal struggle.

Deuteronomy 5:29 O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

My obedience to Matt, in keeping God's commandments, will bless our family and our children forever. I want to encourage y'all to memorize God's Word and then do what His Word says to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!