7.07.2017

A Pair of Worn Boots





When I say my husband is a hard worker, I'm referring to the passion with which he gives himself to every task he lays his hands (and feet) to in life.

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might..."

Matt's closest men gifted him this pair of boots the summer we got married. They came, as you may imagine, new and whole. For six years he's worn these boots to work: through dew filled grass as a landscaper, up and down ladders and across roofs as a window washer, and around air fields and down man holes as a pipe layer. He's worn them with holes in the soles, the sides, and the toes.

Recently he was gifted a pair of hand-me-down boots, and we're retiring these after their faithful years of service. They couldn't make the long trip to trash (laces saved, of course), without an entry here. They've earned that much. So, farewell, Dr. Martens, and thank you for carrying my husband around while he cared for his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!