6.15.2017

Teacher of Good Things



Titus 2:3-5 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good thingsThat they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

I'm not an old woman yet, so sometimes I'm prone to think that passages like this one are for someone else. Someone else is supposed to be teaching me! Lately, though, God has been speaking to me in a still, small voice, asking me to be the older woman for some younger woman. This week I started a one-on-one study with a young lady in our church. We're using "Preparing to be his Helpmeet" as our study guide. The first chapter told the author's love story. I'm such a sucker for hearing how people fall in love. The chapter encourages you to be in your God-given place: serving Him and praying for lost souls.

 We read Daniel 10 together. Daniel prays to God for strength, and God sends an angel to answer his prayer, but the angel is held up by another powerful being for twenty-one days. For three whole weeks they battle, and Michael, an arch-angel, comes and helps this angel win his fight so he can go to Daniel. Daniel, in the mean time, has gone three weeks without an answer to his prayer, but the angel comes to him then, touches him, explains the situation to him, and gives him strength. We don't normally see that side of prayer: the physical spiritual warfare that takes place beyond our eyes. After leaving Daniel, the angel says he headed back into that same battle. Our prayers aren't just a yes or no exchange between us and an Almighty God. There are actual battles being fought for the souls of men.

On our way to the first Bible study, my axle literally broke, and my tire flipped sideways without warning. Matt's car is already out of commission, so here was our only car, grinding metal into asphalt. It was hot out, inconvenient, and expensive, but we continued on (delayed). The devil wants to stop good things.

Pray for my relationship with Cameron, that I'd be able to be used by God in her life. Pray that God would give me a life that shines like the woman in Titus 2: Holy, A Teacher of Good Things, Discreet, Chaste, a Keeper at Home. I hope you'll step into the role God has given you and let Him use you to reach down and up and around to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!