3.10.2017

Nowak ladies



Matt has fallen into a good pattern with his new job, putting in more hours and bringing home more bacon, and though we miss his occasional early afternoons, we Nowak ladies are falling into our new patterns too.

We've been taking longer walks around the neighborhood, collecting lamb's ears, gumballs, dandelions, and anything else we find in the median. Apparently there might be a snow storm this weekend, but this week has been the best, most beautiful weather for backyard swing sets and front yard grass picking, including long talks with endearing old lady neighbors.

With extra time every afternoon before Matt gets home, I've been baking little Trim Healthy Mama treats and meals, cutting the grass, and planning an Escape Room Teen Event that we're hosting at our church next week (which is going to be amazing).

We're still going through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University, taking the steps, budgeting with intentionality, selling clothes that don't fit any more (boom!), and throwing all extra money at our house mortgage.

Lately Matt and I have been doing some Bible and heart searching, praying to be more like Jesus and unhypocritical (which describes Jesus perfectly) in our home.

4 comments:

  1. Good afternoon.

    I have read excerpts from some of your posts and found your writing to be exceptional. I go through a lot of problems with my writing, and then I look for people who have the gift and can help me improve my writing.
    I am in third year of high school and we must learn to do opinion articles, which is a problem for a person like me who can not write well.
    You have talent, believe me! Now I need your help. Use this writing talent to teach me how to write. How do you write like this? How do these ideas come about? How many sentences have you read to write in such a spectacular way? Haha
    Be my mentor, teacher, send me some topics for me to read and then ask me for an opinion article ... But first, give me tips on how to write, how to make the reader read only the first paragraph and stick to the article, like Make the title arouse the reader's attention.

    I hope you can help me.
    I wait for answers, a hug!

    Wellington A, 16 years old.

    My email to contact: dr.ramboo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That headboard is everything! Where did you get it? Is it velvet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://ahelpmeetforhim.blogspot.com/2012/04/tufted-headboard.html

      Five years ago at a thrift store!! Sorry, I know that doesn't help you replicate it!

      Delete
  3. Thanks, I'll just eye yours enviously! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I adore your lovely comments!