10.06.2015

"I love you two."




This morning I woke up in the arms of my husband. As far as mornings go, this isn't abnormal. He often gets ready for work, reads his Bible, eats his breakfast, and then crawls back into bed with me until it's time for him to leave. This morning, though, he said to me, "Charlotte was kicking me while I held you two."

Of course, Charlotte and I are different people. I don't have to be awake for Charlotte to be awake, and Charlotte often kicks against Matt when he snuggles with us, but it was different this morning. This morning my husband spent some time snuggling with our unborn daughter, without me, and she snuggled him back. There's magic in the beauty of our little family.

The little girl I watch every day looks forward to Matt coming home. She likes (and hates) to be tickled by him, to listen to him read, and to follow him around the house and outside as he performs household tasks. She's always watching, asking questions, and learning. Her family went out of town for a couple of days last week, and I swear she got a little older in those two days. I can't wait to watch Matt interact with Charlotte in the same (and many other) ways.

He's going to be the best dad, ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!