5.04.2015

your words have power


Sometimes my husband works for so many hours that he doesn't get to come home for dinner before we go to a church activity in the evening. This was true on Wednesday, so with dinner and a change of clothes for him in hand, I met him at church before he left on his bus route to pick up children whose parents don't bring them.

On rare occasions like this one, Matt and I end up at the same place in two different cars. I don't prefer this, because I'd much rather spend the time driving with him to talk about our days/take turns choosing songs to sing instead of driving home from church with him in my rearview mirror. On this particular ride home, with him the car behind me, he took the chance at a red light to hop out of his car, jog to my open window, and make out with me until the light turned green. Moments like that are my favorite. Spontaneous reminders that we're still kids in love.

I'm taking this post to tell you that I love my husband because the other day someone used a public social media account to put their husband down, and I saw it. It made me cringe. She was telling us how stupid her husband was, but all I could hear was her selfish, ungrateful spirit. Instead of making me feel bad for her, having to put up with such a dumb guy, it made me feel sorry for him, having to put up with such a whiny wife.

This isn't to say that I've never said something publicly negative about Matt, but with God's strength I'd like to be his encourager. I want to be his very best friend. I'm trying to encourage you ladies to see your husband's strengths. To praise him publicly for something (no matter how small). Our words make our husbands either stronger or defeated. We have that power to help and encourage. Let's use it wisely.

For those of you who don't appreciate the make out at the light example of my husband's strength, he also washed the dishes for me this morning and made me a sandwich to take to work for lunch, but let's be honest, touch is my love language, so I'd rather be made out with any day.

Proverbs 31:11-12 "The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her... She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!