5.14.2012

globe diy

Check out my globe. Do you like it? Does anything seem out of place? Go deeper than that.

What looks out of place? Why? Ok. You may continue.



I know you have a dozen globes rolling around at home because they have no base to keep them steady. Yes, that is sarcasm. But really, if that's you, then I have a solution.

I wonder if anyone looks at our globe and says, "Of course something seems out of place! Your globe is sitting on the lid of a pot!" Something tells me that most of you didn't. To be honest, I think it looks entirely natural.




We got this globe at a thrift store in Nashville for $1, but it needed a base. My husband isn't just remarkably handsome, he's also full of novel ideas. Me, I'm a pretty little parrot; I'm only able to remake something I've already seen. Matthew has no walls around his creativity, and it is one of my favorite things about him.


We bought this lid for $3 {panless} at a thrift store, and Matthew carved it out and then glued the globe into the crevice. It's lovely. It's perfect.

Be honest. Did you notice before I mentioned it or does it look natural to you? :)

1 comment:

  1. It looks like it was born this way. Absolutely! And if it wasn't born this way, it's only an improvement.

    ReplyDelete

I adore your lovely comments!