1.04.2012

diy heart art

Have you guys heard of Pinterest? Yeah, me too. Along with the blogs that I try to read daily, I always make pinterest and facebook stops. 

For anyone who doesn't know, pinterest is simply a collection of pictures of things you want to do, places you want to go, and everything else you can think of. I like it for design inspiration. One of things I've seen repeatedly was "heart art". Basically, white paper hearts on a solid canvas. 

I'm always on the lookout for {non-tacky} ideas that I can do with things I already have. {a.k.a. free projects} 

I have a canvas. I have a heart punch {from my scrapbooking days}. I have paint. I have white paper. 

Let's get to work.

Matthew punched out the hearts, and I painted the canvas. 



We chose the same color as our living room's shaggy green ikea carpet. Then I took the 100 hearts and rubber cemented them to the canvas. Part of my father's OCD personality started to creep in as I was making the rows. That didn't last long. 

It ended up perfect. And by perfect, I mean flawed in a good way. 


Some of them are unfolded into full hearts and some of them are still folded as half hearts. They can be changed at whim back and forth, which I love. 

Here's our current living room. I like the idea of "this is exactly what our apartment looks like right this second"{except that I'm sitting on that corner of the couch. insert me staring at my screen}. I hope that at some point my little projects will inspire you to do something you've admired but never tried. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!