12.12.2011

169.5 pounds

I do not ever remember being under 100 pounds. I remember my friend Sharon Stewart calling me, all distraught, because she had crossed the 100 pound mark. I have never been tiny. This picture is me when I was 15 years old. I'm skinny. Skinnier than I want to be now. I weighed 116-118 pounds for years.

When I was 18 years old, I went to college. My roommates asked me what I did to stay in such great shape. I told them.... I played soccer for 16 seasons.... that's all. I never worked out.

Here is me, at age 19. I weigh 128 pounds. This is the weight I want to be.


I was fine for the first couple years of college. Never more than 132. Then, I went to England. Now, it wasn't England's fault. It was mine. I'm the one who had the "I'll only be here once" attitude. I ate everything they handed to me. I now, according to the scale in our bathroom, weigh 169.5 pounds. Yikes. Weight is just a number. I don't understand people who want to keep that number hidden. Different people look best at different numbers. I look best at 128. Thankfully, I gain weight everywhere. Not just in bad places, but also in good places. I'm tired of my clothes not fitting. I'm tired of catching my side profile in a mirror. I don't need people to say, "You're beautiful just the way you are!" I need people to say, "How's it going? Are you keeping up with it?"

I could have waited until New Years and made that ever famous resolution, but I've decided to start now. This morning I did 10 down. (55 push ups, sit ups, and burpees. +100 jumping jacks). This morning I had an egg for breakfast and a glass of water. I want to go for a walk with Matthew tonight. Tomorrow, I will do 10 down again. I'll let you know as I lose significant amounts. I know this has nothing to do with our home, but I want to keep myself accountable. I wanted people at home to know that I'm going to be thin again. Thanks for the encouragement! :)

4 comments:

  1. Glad im not the only one whose happy weight isn't 110 lol. I met a girl who wanted to weigh 95lbs after three kids she was 115 grr

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw my happy weight is 135-140 =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really have a Happy weight... just toned. Check out Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet...you actually eat more to lose. If I remember correctly, the formula that contributes to your body is...10% genetics, 10% exercise, and 80% diet (I use this term loosely b/c it isn't a short term change...it is a lifestyle change). I have a friend who is a fitness trainer and who has won figure comps...whe strongly supports Tosca's eating lifestyle, and I also follow the principals. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In high school I could eat whatever I wanted and never really gain weight because I was always playing soccer... it doesn't work that way any more unfortunately! Even though I work out I still have to be good about eating! Trying to make healthy choices before the wedding, I'm 148 now but would love to get back to 135 again...thats my number!

    ReplyDelete

I adore your lovely comments!