5.16.2019

Holiness



Recently I've felt the Holy Spirit stirring in me, speaking in that still, small, loud and clear voice, announcing that I've let sin into my life under the banner of "my guilty pleasure" or "I deserve to let loose when I have some alone time."

When I'm hoping my girls will nap at the same time, so I can watch an episode of a show that is full of things I wouldn't want them to repeat, I'm only pretending for their sake to be the Christian mother that I want them to see. If, when they're not in the car with me, I feel free to turn on that music I'd never listen to when they're around, who am I?

Is it sin, or isn't it? Is it wrong, or isn't it?

Romans 2:21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? Thou that preaches a man should not steal, dost thou steal?

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called.

Romans 6:13-15 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. What then? Shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Ugh. I hate the ugly truth that my flesh still always wants her way.

So, lately, when they nap at the same time I've been spending the time praying for them in specific ways. Asking God to draw them to salvation at a young age and to give me wisdom as I mother them.  Putting my flesh aside every day and yielding myself unto God as an instrument of righteousness is the best thing I can do for these beauties and for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!