1.05.2019

Why did Jesus come to a yucky place?


I always strive to explain things to her in a way that makes sense to a three year old.

After I carefully talked through the trip to Bethlehem and the kindness of a man offering his barn for them to sleep in, I explained how mangers are a dirty place where animals eat.

Charlotte responded with, "Why did Jesus come to a yucky place?"

I explained that they were on a trip, so he didn't have his normal crib to sleep in, but what a question! I couldn't stop there!

Why did Jesus come to a yucky place? Forget the trough and the barn... Imagine the Creator making Himself small to come into a world infested with sin and darkness, malice and evil.

Why did Jesus come to a yucky place? Love. Unadulterated, never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love.

She keeps asking questions, and we just keep feeding her the Gospel on repeat.

2 comments:

  1. Love the Jesus Storybook Bible quote! Its so good at weaving the gospel through the major events in the Bible for little hearts, and even my own sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda Nowak1/6/19, 11:55 PM

      That's our favorite before bed, Bible book! We've read through several different ones, but we always go back to that one!

      Delete

I adore your lovely comments!