1.02.2019

Resolutions: 2019



As we stand at the threshold of a new year, it is the perfect time to refresh and resolve to meet some specific goals. I love a good excuse to set goals. Last year, I set three goals. The first was to pay down the mortgage to under $25,000. The second was to successfully start and run a business. The third was to get to goal weight (128). Let's review how my 2018 goals went:

1. We paid off our mortgage! Goal exceeded. God blew that one out of the water.

2. Business successfully started and run, which was a HUGE part of the success of that first goal.

3. I didn't make it back to goal weight this year. But I've lost 76 pounds and made it to goal weight before on Trim Healthy Mama, so I know it works. I just haven't been faithful to stay on-plan. In 2018 I lost 22 pounds. I'm 139 beginning 2019. 11 more pounds to go!

Goals 2019

With the mortgage payment in the rear view mirror, a lot of people have been asking what we're doing next! We just got back from a week away in New England, we have two weekends in the OBX later this month, and then we have a staycation (baby-free) booked in February for my birthday, so taking more time out as a family/couple this year is high on the list, but here are three other goals that I'm dedicated to hitting this year:

1. Max out our Roth IRAs ($11,000 into our retirement accounts) for the first time.
2. Save up $20,000 to buy a van when our Honda Accord dies/we have another baby (whichever comes first).
3. Get back to goal weight (128 pounds).

Those are my three big goals for 2019! I was on-plan all day yesterday, and I'm buckling down with renewed focus on hitting my health goals. Also, after 22 months of never shopping, we're allowing ourselves to make little changes around the house room-by-room. Stay tuned-in for room tours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!