1.11.2018

New Year, New Goals


Resolutions are relatively fluid for me. I set goals for myself all the time, and the change of calendar doesn't affect me much, but as I'm looking at the next twelve months I have specific, measurable goals that I'm focused on crushing.

Financial Goal

  1. Last February, God gave our family the goal of paying off the mortgage. So when He handed us $24,700.00 extra last year, we took that money and put it straight against the mortgage principal. To meet my goal of paying off the mortgage before I turn 30 (February of 2020) we have to pay $2,376.00 a month toward principal between now and then. So that gives us the goal of putting (at least) $28,512.00 toward the principal of our mortgage debt this year.

Business Goal

  1. Next month, my husband and I are starting a business. It's been a long time coming, and I'll be sure to share the process with you, but my main role will be office related: scheduling, invoices, communication, and marketing. My goal for this year is to help my husband run his new business with honesty, efficiency, and profit (see previous goal).

Personal Goal
  1. At the end of March, Lord willing, we'll have a fresh, new daughter join our family. With her birth comes the re-birth of a goal I successfully completed in February of 2017: Goal Weight. My last goal for the year is to get back to goal weight (128) after delivery. I'll follow the same method as last time, the Trim Healthy Mama way of eating, and give my body plenty of grace as it heals and adjusts down to its new normal. 

I have many other goals that I consider unmeasurable or unquantifiable, like giving both of my daughters the love and attention they need individually and together this year, or growing stronger in my relationship with my husband as we begin this business, instead of letting all of the extra work, time apart, and unsteady income worry us, but if a goal can't have a specific number attached to it, I can't work towards it incrementally and cheer when I hit it, so I'm sticking to those three as my 2018 goals.

What are your specific, measurable goals for 2018? I'd encourage you to attach numbers to your goals so you can watch your progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!