11.24.2017

Thanksgiving 2017






Hampton Roads never quite bursts into fall, it slowly slides, with most trees skipping it all together, while others turn at various intervals, paying no attention to falling into schedule with the trees on either side of them. In an area like ours, trees like this one in my Grandparents' front yard are a treasure.

Matthew's name means "Gift of God", and he's spent every day of our marriage living up to that title. I know that most women aren't loved as hard as I am loved, and I'm thankful. When naming my treasures, my God given gifts, it would be neglect if I didn't mention how happy that girl makes me. Her sheer joy over tree climbing makes my insides ache. Cuddled up on a velvet couch at her Aunt Chris's house, when I asked Charlotte what she was going to say to Portia when she meets her, she replied, unprompted, "I love you, Portia!" and leaned in to kiss my ever growing baby bump.

Today I have spent a total of zero dollars and zero cents, and that's a Black Friday win. I feel like we have a pretty good handle on Christmas (entirely hand-made gifts for one side), and we're so blessed that I'm having trouble populating a Christmas list this year. I'm thank full.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!