10.16.2017

29





A week before his birthday we threw a party outside with all the best soups and some dear friends, the focus less on Matt and more on being together, just how he likes it. The day he turned twenty-nine, we started slow with breakfast in bed and presents; A new record on the record player while the three of us snuggled, morning light obscured by gray sky. Later in the day, his only request was a trip through the woods as a family, and we didn't let the rain slow us down.

I think you can see it in these pictures: I couldn't dream up a better father for our daughter.

Your girls are thankful for you. We're thankful for the way you trust God with our family. We're thankful for the way you work hard for us. We're thankful for the way you dream about the future. We're thankful that you're patient and kind.

Thank you for choosing me to spend your moments with. I love this life with you. You're my favorite friend. Happy Birthday, Matthew Gabriel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!