10.22.2017

17 weeks





Our next baby appointment (in three weeks) is the gender reveal ultrasound, and we can't wait to know tiniest Nowak's name and introduce him/her to the world.

People keep asking if we have an inclination, and to be honest, I feel 50/50 on it. I'd like to have a son and introduce him to Matt's Grandad (who is in his nineties), but I keep referring to it as a girl because of the familiarity with the daughter we already have. Truthfully, we want more girls and more boys, so we won't be disappointed in the slightest either way.

Back in August, I had a pap smear, and my results came back, recently, abnormal. They're calling the low-grade cell changes "pre-cancer cells." I had a colposcopy last week in follow up, and the doctor said the results were mild enough that we can wait until after baby is born (late March) to follow up again.

This is not an "I might have cancer!" post, but instead, a diary post to catalog this time of our life: Both these feelings of excitement in waiting to meet this little one, and these quiet questions of what God is going to choose for our family in these low-grade changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!