1.12.2016

Charlotte Pear: week four









Her one month birthday was spent back at our favorite Beach House with my family. I mastered feeding with a nursing cover on (so I didn't have to spend hours in the other room) which is a tricky art, and Charlotte spent all of her time in the arms of someone who loves her. Having a new baby is tiring, but so beautiful. There's a tiny person who can't do things for herself yet, and she needs to be cared for. Matt and I have been irritable and exhausted, but so unmeasurably happy. She's brightness and joy; such a gift.

I'm back to work this week, and Charlotte's making it easy by sleeping through most of it. We're starting to get the hang of this stage, while still tired, but not ready to leave behind the tiny fingers and toes in exchange for a solid night's sleep. No, sir. I wouldn't exchange the tininess for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!