9.21.2012

down grading






Yesterday we did something drastic. We switched from AT&T to Verizon {after talking to four different companies, looking for the deal that suited us best}, and downgraded from my iphone to save $600 over the next two years. Recently, I heard about a young {unmarried} couple who has saved $85,000 over the last three years of dating. No, they don't have a house payment yet, but he does live on his own, so he does have all the bills that come with being a grown-up. Regardless, I was impressed. That's $28,000 a year! Matt and I have been married for a year and we have saved $5,000. Yeah, we appear to be a little behind the end goal. So, we looked to see where we could cut out some of our "wants". My iphone, which I still highly recommend as the best phone ever, was just for fun. It was simply a want. I want to check my e-mail every hour, flip through Instagram when the mood strikes, and get a facebook notification every time one of you lovely people does something. Need? Not so much.

How about you? Have you ever dropped a current want for a better end result?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!