9.25.2012

camera shopping

Um, I've posted six times this month and it's coming to a sharp close. It's a tiny miracle anyone is still reading. It isn't that I have nothing to say. In fact, I'm always thinking of things to say {which I'm going to just start saying}, but I wanted to let you know that I no longer have a camera. My "real" camera randomly started having trouble uploading pictures to my laptop a couple of months ago, so I started using my iphone exclusively, but {as I told you} I no longer have an iphone, so now we have zero picture taking capabilities.

Matthew's birthday is coming up and he wants a video camera, so we're thinking about splurging and getting a decent one, but for us a splurge is a couple hundred, and after some research I found that most of my favorite blogs are using cameras that cost $1,000+! Yikes. We're too cheap for that, but you can't buy a good camera second hand, so we're looking around. Any experience with a camera that takes great video/pictures and isn't a fortune? Cause text posts are boring, and the sooner you help us, the sooner I give you a pretty little something to relieve your eyes from the black and white.

See how I made it seem like I'm getting this camera for you? Well, I kinda am. You and memories we're missing as the days slip away.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004J3Y9U6/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00

    This is what we have and I think it does really well for the price! I don't know how fancy you would like, but it has a lot of availability for upgrading and still works great with what they give you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depending on your price range...Canon has some good ones.

    http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-S95-Stabilized-3-0-Inch/dp/B003ZSHNGS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1YV7E1Q7R1Y8I&coliid=I2Q9FZ3DF1UT7Y
    for around 400

    or
    http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-Stabilized-Wide-Angle-Recording/dp/B0075SUHQC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1348679859&sr=1-1&keywords=canon+digital+camera
    for around 100

    If you want a cheap, yet effective and lightweight video camera, I like Flipcams. They are small, durable, and you can buy an HD one for a little more. Plus, you can actually make pictures from the video you take.

    ReplyDelete

I adore your lovely comments!