7.08.2012

scarlet for dung hills



Can you imagine being raised in splendor, but settling for garbage? I can. I know so many people who were raised to know the Word of God and have turned from it. They have treated it like it was not the Truth.

I'm one of them.


I really am. I could list sins. Despicable, disgusting sins that would make you blush. Sins that seem horrible on the "scale" of sins that we have created.

Sins that nailed my Savior to the cross.

I fully embraced the dung hill, but when I turned from the actions that broke God's law, He picked me up, stench and all. He loved me. Still. Forever.

I'm praying for the people, like me, who grew up in scarlet, but have settled for dung. I'm praying for them specifically, by name. I want them to know the joy that is found in Redeeming Love.

As a Christian, it is my job not to judge those who have forsaken the scarlet, but to pray for them. To love them, like Christ loved the woman at the well, the woman caught in adultery, and the thief beside Him on the cross.

It is my job to show Jesus Christ's love in my every day life. Not to excuse the dung, but to invite people back to the scarlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!