7.29.2012

{insert name here} the spy.

I'm a people watcher. I used to assume that everyone was, but I've since realized that only some of us are. Some of us are paying attention. Some of us notice.

Awhile back, I picked up "Harriet the Spy" from a thrift store. I knew my mother enjoyed the book as a kid, so I thought I'd check it out. I'm only part way through, but I already relate to Harriet. She watches people. Yes, sometimes she does it through the skylight of their apartment and that's creepy, but she also pays attention to details when she's out and about.

People are hilarious. They each have stories to tell and secrets to keep. If you're watching closely, they will tell you some of their stories and give some of their secrets away. It's human nature to want to be noticed. We all want someone to listen.


Do you watch people? Do you notice the shared smiles and the passed notes? Do you read lips, body language, and eyes? Some people do, and some people don't. I do. Do you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!