6.11.2012

quilting

It has been years since I've quilted. Mostly because we currently have one bedroom, one bed, and more than enough blankets to keep us roasty. But, where I used to think of quilts as a blanket that an old lady tosses over a tattered couch, lately I think of them as hand sewn goodness with a story and a purpose.

When I went home last weekend, my Grandmother gave me a box full of fabrics that a friend of hers wanted me to have. It was just the kick in the pants that I needed. I've been searching through my pin boards and here are the different ones that have caught my eye.





My problem isn't which fabrics to pair together, or how to arrange them; My problem is that I'm a fan of long triangles, right triangles, squares, and honeycomb patterns. I still haven't decided which direction we are headed with this one. As always, I'll keep ya posted. You can give input if you want. We'll probably make all them eventually.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!