4.25.2012

tufted headboard

Months ago I pinned this picture.



I love two things about this headboard. It is tufted and mustard colored. In my spring cleaning post I mentioned that we were going to diy a tufted headboard eventually, but I was thinking maybe before the summer ended, until we stumbled upon this....




At the thrift store down the road, they had mislabeled this mustard colored futon cushion as a "dog bed" and were selling it for $10. What monstrosity of a dog sleeps on a bed that is 6'x4'? But seriously, check this out!


I'm not saying they're the same, but could they be anymore strangely similar? 
Mustard colored. Check.
Tufted. Check.
Huge. Check.
Gorgeous. Check. 
Clean. Drat. 

Vacuum, vacuum, vacuum. Scrub, scrub, scrub. 

You'll be a headboard soon, you gorgeous dog bed, you. :)

Here's a picture of the headboard in our home. Because it's a futon mattress, it has boards in it occasionally to keep it rigid. We used those boards and another board which we cut to use a french cleat to mount it to our wall, screwing the fixed french cleat to the wall, and the floating french cleat to the back of the headboard. It's crazy secure, and we've had no trouble with it for years now.


3 comments:

  1. Bahahaha you just made me laugh with the "Clean. Drat." hahaha :)

    It is so pretty though!! I can't imagine why they would label it a dog bed?!?! Must be that God knew you would find it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought one very similar! The only problem I am having is that it smells. I sprayed it with Bed bug spray just to be safe, and the moist highlighted the bad smell. I use fabrezee as well and let it air out. The smell is still there. Do you have any tips on how to get rid of the bad odor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used a carpet cleaner that had a built in brush on it. I don't know how bad your smell is, but that has kept ours fresh! Hope that helps!

      Delete

I adore your lovely comments!