1.14.2012

cranberry pumpkin bread

Sounds kinda like a fall dish, huh? Well, we never got around to it. {it =cooking those pumpkins we got before Halloween} Until now. Let me just go ahead and tell you, cranberry and pumpkin taste perfectly wonderful in January too. I'm a pretty share-y {made up word} person. That's why I started this blog; so that I could share things with you. 


Here's our experience with it, and the recipe for you. You can thank us after you've baked it.


First we mixed up the ingredients.



Next, we poured it into our little bread pan {its first legitimate use, aw}.


Then we baked it. I thought it looked so cute in the oven that I took a quick picture.


And then, Wah-Lah! A loaf of bread. The tastiest in the world, I might add. 



I would show you a picture of an attractive slice of it, but we literally devoured it over some Dutch Blitz with the help of this guy...



My brother Chris is back at college this semester! Whoop Whoop!

I hope you make it for yourself... and I hope you adoringly take pictures of it in the oven... and I hope you devour it with some of your favorite people.

Here it is.


Cranberry Pumpkin Bread

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 T pumpkin pie spice
2 eggs lightly beaten
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 cup solid pack pumpkin
1 cup cranberries, chopped

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and spice; set aside. In a small mixer bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin; mix well. Add pumpkin mixture to dry ingredientsl stir just until moistened. Stir in cranberries. Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8 in. by 4 in. loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.

2 comments:

  1. I like how all three of us made it into the picture of me. You two just happen to be on the wall staring at each other :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds SO yummy! I will definitely have to give it a try :)
    Kaitlin

    ReplyDelete

I adore your lovely comments!