10.10.2011

rebekah's birthday

This weekend my mother and my kid sister came to visit us. My sister and my husband just happen to share a birthday {October 14th}. So since she was in town this weekend we decided to celebrate it early. On Friday night my mom went to a wedding while Matthew and I took care of Rebekah. We tossed around a couple of ideas before settling on Market Square.

If you live in Knoxville {or ever plan on visiting Knoxville} and you like eclectic shops, artsy people, and good food then Market Square is a must see. After a major parking spot ordeal, we wandered through the shops. Market Square is that perfect mix of people. Punks, dog walkers, businessmen, couples, families, and people protesting big government. If you love people watching {and I do} then it is perfect. After the shops {we bought one -awesome- thing, but I'll tell you about it on Matt's birthday}, our rumbly tummies had us heading to Tomato Head.

My favorite restaurant in Market Square is Cafe 4. It is the perfect place for an anniversary dinner. When I say perfect, I mean perfect and expensive. Not the place you take your 10 year old sister for her birthday. Tomato Head is equally delicious, way less expensive, and comfy casual. For three people it was a 45 minute wait {it's a popular place} so we hit up the Marble Slab for dessert before dinner.


The headband Rebekah is wearing is mine, but I have never gotten 400 compliments in one evening while wearing it, and I'm pretty sure she did. After ice cream we headed into Tomato Head and ordered our favorite sandwiches {called Oh Boys}. We enjoyed the food and each other's company.


We're cute right? Yeah, I think so too.

The next day, while mom took a nap, and we made cupcakes with Bekah for her birthday. Lemon cupcakes with cream cheese icing. We had a handful of kindred spirits over to eat them. There's something magically childish about cupcakes. All in all, my kind of weekend.


p.s. my new method of picture taking is instagram on my iphone, and i'm loving it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!