10.18.2021

For Sale (Part 2)





I drooled through the pictures when this house hit the market, and the next Family Night we had at my parents', we drove a little out of the way to drive through the neighborhood and pass it.

Matt said kind words with zero interest attached, and I didn't push it. It was a big jump from our current home and plan.

Six days later, I mentioned the house to my sister-in-law after church nursery, flipping through the listing photos.

We "oohed" and "ahhed" over the high ceilings and the fireplaces and that rounded staircase... It was all just for fun in my mind. How would I decorate each space? Where would I hang my favorite art pieces? 

At home, in bed, that Sunday night, Matthew turned to me and said, "Give me a tour of that house you were looking at." We looked at it together. An acre of land, a three car garage, the last move we'd ever want to make, and the opportunity to house hack (more to come on that)... Matt was dreaming with me, and actually considering this home!

Originally, when we were buying Mr. Coke's house, we planned to keep our current home to rent it out. This would put us at a mortgage around $300k. When I said to Matt, "If we sell our current home, we'd be in a similar financial situation, and we'd be in our forever home." Matt says that comparison was what helped him to see it as a viable option that made long-term financial sense.

It was Sunday night, and Matt said, "Let's go see it tomorrow!" I talked to our realtor, and he said it was still available. Monday morning we made sure we were prequalified, with the new house in mind, and told our realtor to set up the showing. He called in the afternoon to say, "Unfortunately, they accepted an offer this morning, but they said we can still walk through if we want..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!