8.18.2021

Norfolk Nowaks: Entryway and Living Room







We've lived here for over a year, and I owe you guys a look around! This blog post is impromptu, so I didn't vacuum or anything. This is the real life, slightly straightened, version of our day to day.

Starting on the front porch, we replaced the can lights with hanging pendants, bought and painted a second hand porch swing (tricorn black is the color), and found a metal trough on the curb to plant ivy, gardenias, and zinnias in for summer time. I love being able to change the contents of the trough for the seasons. We have some Virginia Creeper doing its thing trying to get inside. Matt says it'll die in the fall anyways, so we're just letting it be.




This is our first home to have an entryway, and it's nice to have a space that stays clean, where you can leave your keys and hang out your jacket when you get home. I got the little table on Facebook Marketplace, the frames from an estate sale, the light from Ikea, and the mirror from the curb. In case there's any confusion, whenever I say the word "curb", I mean someone was throwing it away, and I saved it. Matt trimmed out some horizontal paneling to define this space, and I painted it with Farrow and Ball Schoolhouse White.



Man, if you never saw this room before, it deserves a recap. The carpet was covered in animal stains, the brick wall was dark and dirty.

We refinished the wood floors in the whole house before we moved inside. I painted the brick with Richmond White from Romabio with Young House Love. Matt built the mantel. My Grandparents bought those shelves in the 60s and handed them down to us. We just added that leather couch (purchased from Facebook Marketplace, but originates at Ikea). Our green couch is from Article. That rattan side table was a curb find. Our white wingbacks are from Target.


These are the three books we have been reading through in the evenings.


I'll end with this view of the living room. I meant to make it farther in the house tour, but I'm going to go ahead and hit publish and call any post at all a victory! I'm happy to send links your way / find dupes / or answer questions! What can I help you with?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!