4.03.2020

Camper: Master Bedroom

I meant to show you the whole camper, in all of its unfinished glory, but instead I'm accepting this season of life, brimming motivation-less, by showing you just our bedroom in the camper.

We'll start, as one always should, with the before picture.


The camper was in such good condition when we bought it, it was just a lot of brown. I knew I wanted the walls and wardrobes to be white,  so we started there. Then Matt closed off the shelf between the wardrobes with cabinet doors to add more closed storage for folded clothes.

We took the carpet off the risers on either side of the bed, and Matt stained, polyurethaned, and routed boards to make a "nightstand" top on both bedsides. I painted the "nightstands" Sherwin Williams Pewter Green (which you'll see again when the kitchen photos surface). On top of the nightstands we each have a coaster that we brought back from my favorite shop in South Africa, and to be honest, most nights mine holds a pint of Aldi's Mint Chip low-fat ice cream.

I fell hard for Joanna Gaines Magnolia Home Wallpaper and waffled between putting it in here or in the camper dining room, before deciding we needed the pattern on this wall more.




The two sliding doors that close the bedroom off from the main area give us an ounce of privacy as we change, and though we didn't alter the doors, Matt did add a thin piece of reclaimed wood, that he pulled from our original Norfolk house, to act as a "beam" on either side of the door tracks, and it's one of my favorite bits. The television that came with the camper isn't hooked to a DVD player or anything right now, but it's on a swivel so it can face either our room or the main area, and it's the fun kind of space saving feature you have to mention.



Sleeping in the camper has been comfortable and homey. More pictures of the rest of our camper home to come, so ask me what you're wondering! I didn't know anything about campers before we start looking for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!