11.26.2019

Tiny News


On Tuesday, November 19th, my legs itched, and as I sat, two-hand scratching them in my kitchen, I said out loud to our house guest, "My legs have been itching this morning, which typically happens when I'm pregnant." I was literally not a day late for my monthly cycle yet, and when I said it, accidentally, it occurred to me that Charlotte was the exact age that Portia is now when we got pregnant last time.

On Thursday night my legs were itching again, and Matt was willing to get out of bed to drive to the store for a pregnancy test. I assured him that wasn't necessary, but my itchy legs kept me up and gave me lots of time to think. On Friday morning, my pregnant sister-in-law was coming over for a play date. When I got out of bed, I offered her a dollar if she had an extra test, and she brought her last one over. Before I left the bathroom I texted Matt the news and waited for his response, so he'd be the first to know. When I've been pregnant in the past, Matt has said, "I love you, two!" (instead of, "I love you too!") So, when he texted on Friday morning, "Love you!" I responded with, "Don't you mean, "Love you, two!"?"

We celebrated as a family of four Friday night, sipping hot chocolate together and watching the airplanes touch down on the runway. Most of you already know, but it's the type of news I can't leave out of this diary of our lives. I'm not quite six weeks pregnant yet. The baby, Felicity or Gabriel, is the size of a straw opening today, my phone tells me.

Brand New Baby Nowak. Rejoice with those who rejoice. Aside from itchy legs, what else is new? I'm an emotional wreck, thanks for asking. I cry happy tears, sad tears... at the drop of a hat. As a typically logical person, the hormonal outbursts show up as a surprise each time. At least I don't have to change my blog header anytime soon.

Today our girls were running around the house like crazy people, laughing and playing, right on the brink of falling and hurting each other or themselves, and I turned to Matt and said (half joking), "How many kids do you want again??" Matt, flipping grilled cheese and tuna sandwiches in the cast iron on the stove responded, "All of them."

New Baby Nowak: July 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!