3.10.2019

Nowak Family Minivan

At less than two years old, I began mothering my baby brother Chris, so it is no exaggeration to say that I have been dreaming about these days my whole life. For some women the minivan is a purchase they accept in defeat, but for me the term "soccer mom" sounds ideal, not derogatory.

We had planned to save $20,000 up for a van this year, and we needed to pull the trigger before the summer began (to run our cleaning crew to the Outer Banks every weekend), but we only got to $9,000 before we ran across my dream van on Facebook marketplace and pulled the trigger.

2006. Toyota Sienna. White. 65k miles. One owner. All maintenance regularly kept. $7,500.

We brought hundred dollar bills and bought it for $7,200.

It's the newest car we've ever owned: The fancy kind where you can press a button to open a sliding door, have a digital display for the temperature outside, and watch a DVD in the backseat (don't tell Charlotte, she doesn't know, ha.)






Driving in this van as a family, paying for my dream car with cash, and needing more space because our business is expanding, are just a couple of God's big gifts to us so far this year. He's so faithful to hand us good things.

That is not to say that life is pain-free, loss-free, or lie-free. Sin wages war all around us, and our family is not exempt from its harm or its indwelling, but even tonight as I was reading Proverbs, I saw it again.

Proverbs 10:6 Blessings are upon the head of the just...

Proverbs 10:22 The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and He addeth no sorrow with it.

I looked up the root word behind "rich," and it is monetary wealth. God wants to do so many other big things in our lives, starting with the fruits of the Spirit (found in Galatians 5), but He also is faithful to reward a diligent worker.

On to the next goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!