10.11.2018

Easy Summer Dinner



Lately we've been doing a lot of cast-iron meals or mixing bowl meals. These meals are meals you wouldn't necessarily serve to guests, because the presentation isn't exciting, but they're on plan and easy, which we are all about.


S Meal- Fat Meal

Cast Iron. Dice the veggies and cook in butter with meat. Add the spices to taste. I could never be a food blogger because we just eyeball measurements to make sense for our little family, but this one is good. We make it for breakfast sometimes or dinner!

  • Shredded Turkey (leftover from a whole turkey)
  • Mushrooms
  • Onions
  • Tomatoes
  • Butter
  • Thyme
  • Rosemary
  • Paprika
  • Sea Salt
  • Pepper

E Meal- Carb Meal 

Eaten cold. This is similar to an on plan salsa, and could be eaten with on plan blue corn chips. We make a huge mixing bowl of this stuff after dicing the tomatoes, peppers, and onions. You could also throw cilantro and lemon juice in here, but we were keeping it super easy. If you're making this for dinner, you'l need a couple of bowls full to fill you up (breastfeeding mamas are hungry!), but it also makes a great snack at the three hour mark between meals.
  • Kidney Beans (can)
  • Sweet corn (can)
  • Tomatoes
  • Peppers
  • Onions
  • Salt
When I'm hungry, and ready to eat, these meals are easy to throw together. Before I begin dicing, if I need something to hold me over, I'll grab an on-plan bite. Typically, I grab a handful of nuts or a chunk of cheese for an S (fat) meal, and a clementine or other small piece of fruit for an E meal. This certainly isn't every day, but if I'm needing something to hold me over while dinner is cooking (or being chopped) those are my go-tos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!