6.22.2018

Exercise



Which of the above ladies (both me) walks three miles every morning and goes to the gym several times a week, making sure to get in ten miles every Saturday?

If you said, "The one on the left." You're right.

Sunshine, fresh air, and movement are crazy good for you, and I know my 18 seasons of soccer playing helped keep me in great shape until I went off to college, but I had no self-control around food, and I didn't know what foods my body needed! When I gained weight in college, I didn't know what to change. I tried "eating better" and working out, but for me that just meant skipping soda or potato chips! I would lose a little, but I had no long-term tools to conquer the weight I was putting on!

When I found Trim Healthy Mama in January of 2016, I learned what my body needed me to fuel it with in order for it to shed the weight. I learned that protein builds muscle (no loose skin!) and that my body burns carbs and fats best when they are separated. I had to learn which foods are fats and which foods are carbs and learn to read all the food ingredients all the time. I learned that some veggies are basically fat-busting magic. I dropped my gym membership, I stopped walking during the week (hello, newborn), and I ate every three hours like clockwork. My body thanked me by shredding fat and moving from that lady on the left to the lady on the right.

As I neared goal weight (I was in the 130s, trying to get to 128), I added walking back in (neighborhood walks in the evening, nothing structured or long) to shake my routine up some and push my body to lose those last few pounds.

When people ask me if I exercise, the answer is easy. I don't. I do chase little girls around. I am married and sexually active (that's where the little girls come from), so there's that. But as I journey back to goal weight after this last pregnancy (I still have 17 pounds to lose), I'm eating my way to weight loss, thankful for the knowledge that has come with studying Trim Healthy Mama.

On this plan, I have energy galore, so I'm able to be as active as I want to be, but I'm thankful to have discovered an eating plan my body is able to use to heal and shrink and thrive!

There's something new going on over here! I'm becoming a Certified Trim Healthy Mama Coach. If I've inspired or helped you on your Trim Healthy Mama Journey, and you're willing to write me a reference, you can e-mail those to ahelpmeetforhim@gmail.com. I can't wait to help ladies meet their goals! If you have health goals you want to talk about, you can email me about those as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!