5.22.2018

Answers to Prayer


This week we celebrated seven years of marriage. When I observe other husbands in close quarters, I always leave more thankful for the husband God blessed me with. From the very beginning of our relationship, he showed Christ-like love for me, and he hasn't stopped. We aren't perfect, but our God is perfect, and every day that we surrender our selfish pride to Him, He is willing to use us to show the world something beautiful. My husband, Matthew Gabriel Nowak, and these seven years we've spent in daily love are an answer to prayer.

This week our second daughter is seven weeks old. My whole life I've dreamed of a family: running through the backyard, drawing pictures on hardwood floors, lying on their stomachs reading books, and singing, full blast, songs about our Savior. Our oldest, Charlotte is already making those dreams come true, and I'm thankful Portia will soon join her. Our daughters are an answer to prayer.

This week the results of my most recent pap smear came back, cancer-free. My last test results had been called "pre-cancerous,"and as God has blessed our business this year, I'll be honest, I thought He may be preparing us financially for a difficult season of our lives and some hard-to-swallow test results. To have a body free of cancer is an answer to prayer.

This week we were praying about hiring a specific employee for our window washing business. We hadn't felt ready to hire an employee, when a dear friend of ours approached us for a job, and we began to pray earnestly about the direction we should take. We were looking into the legal aspect, all of the taxes and paperwork, etc. while weighing the employee's untarnished character and work ethic. Still undecided, the answer to prayer came in a text from that friend withdrawing his request for a job. That direct, clear answer to a difficult question was an answer to prayer.

What are you praying for that God wants to answer? What has He answered? Praise Him!

Psalm 35:18 "I will give Thee thanks in the great congregation. I will praise Thee among much people!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!