1.26.2018

Off-Registry Roundup


1. 23. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.


My mother and I have different personalities. 

When my mother hears that someone has a wishlist/registry, she thinks, "I can't buy them something from their registry because they'll check their registry to see what has been purchased, so they'll already know that they're receiving it, and it won't be a surprise when they open it."

Because I am an accommodating gift receiver (and also because I had coffee in the evening yesterday and was awake long after the rest of the East Coast was sleeping), I made this round up of things I would like to receive for my birthday (that aren't on a registry), so people who want me to be happy, but also want to surprise me, can buy me something I'd like to receive. 

1. Willow and Burl sells beautiful, handmade wooden pieces, and I'm a huge fan of the dreamy dark wood these wall hooks are wearing.

2. Article sells my dream couch: the Sven in Grass Green. When our last mortgage payment is paid, this couch is the first thing on my list, but if anyone wins the lottery in the mean time and wants to pay off our house or buy us this couch, I'm flexible.

3. This tiny, hand-painted piece reminds me of romance. It makes me want to run off and elope in a mountain church off the beaten path.

4. We need a new front porch mat, and this one makes me warm and fuzzy.

5. Henly sells beautiful pieces, and I want to get in on the velvet sale even if I have to wait til fall to wear it, postpartum.

6. Hot showers are one of my favorite required activities, but washing my hair every time I shower (and then there's the air dry, towel dry, blow dry dilemma) isn't what my hair needs. Enter a shower cap that I will keep forever.

7. The business we're gearing up to start could buy its own supplies, but I want something pretty, not just functional, to store receipts and such in as we begin.

8. On-plan sweetener (specifically for my tea, but obviously the applications are immense) is a treat that we don't keep on hand these days, but I miss it. 

An evening of web surfing for pretty bits felt a lot like retail therapy, so there may be more of these roundups in the future. All the window shopping, none of the spending; Can I get an amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!