8.16.2017

Pregnancy: Debt Free / Sugar Free



We're pregnant, and those of you who have been paying attention have had a couple of very valid questions for us.


  1. How does this pregnancy affect your debt free journey?
  2. How does this pregnancy affect your sugar free journey? 


Our debt free journey: 

Since February, we've been working hard to get out of house debt, making extra money where we can and throwing it at our mortgage. At the end of July we found out we were expecting another baby. I guess it depends on your insurance, but having a baby costs us about $7,000.00. We've always hoped for a house full of babies, and we've been asking God for this baby, so the pregnancy wasn't a shock, but that's still a huge pile of cash.

We do have the money to cover the birth, BUT during this pregnancy we want to replace that money so that once we spend it we still have our full emergency fund. So, before the end of March, we need to save up $7,000.00, which is about $220 a week. No doubt, that will slow down our house payoff, but we've always said, "Depending on how many babies God gives us between now and then, we can pay off our house in x years." So we'll pile up that money as fast as we can, and once that's done, we'll go back to full force on paying down the mortgage.

I'm a huge fan of goals, so it's just a change of focus for me.

Our sugar free journey:

Sugar free is a simplified summary of our diet, but we follow the Trim Healthy Mama eating plan. We've lost over 100 pounds combined, and I'm so thankful for what this way of eating has taught me. The week after I found out we were pregnant, we went to teen camp with our church as sponsors. We spent the whole week outside: taking hikes, tubing rivers, and climbing mini mountains.

Pregnancy is exhausting anyway, and when you mix it with teen camp and watching a toddler, you'll find yourself HUNGRY. So, while I was at camp, I ate camp food. I think there was one meal where I was able to leave off the bread and stay on plan, but generally, I just ate the food they served and was thankful for it. I didn't gain weight or anything, but I definitely felt the difference in my body. Bleh. Since then, I've floated, eating mostly on plan, but not being 100%. Just to be clear, I haven't purchased anything off plan, I just haven't avoided things I've been offered. Basically, I'm dreading the detox, because pregnancy already has me feeling meh.

When you're pregnant, you're supposed to eat more crossovers to help baby grow, but you're also supposed to eat more crossovers when you're breastfeeding and at goal weight, so you don't keep losing weight, so it's not much of a change from what we've been doing.

I need to get back to making those best decisions again, because I know how good I feel when I eat on plan. It's better for me and for baby. I had my official hospital weigh-in on Monday and my starting (afternoon with clothes and shoes) weight is 133. I weighed 229 at my highest with Charlotte's pregnancy, so I'm thankful to be starting 100 pounds lighter. Also, I'm thankful for this platform. I like to pretend that y'all really watch me and want me to stay 100% on plan, so feel free to check in! Like, I said, I'm goal oriented.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!