One year later, with the same clothes on, in the same bathroom, after following the Trim Healthy Mama eating plan for fifty-two weeks, I have lost sixty-eight pounds (!!!).
I've been vocal about my progress, shouting to anyone who will listen, "This plan works if you just stick to it!!" You can't see my legs in this picture, but do you see the fat rolls above my tush? Yeah, my whole body is a much slimmer, lovelier version of itself. I'm thanking God for this gift of food He has given us, and I'm thankful to the sisters who created Trim Healthy Mama and shared it with us.
I got some leggings recently, and I love them paired with a long ruffle tunic! To celebrate my Trimiversary, I've partnered with a friend who sells Agnes and Dora, and I am giving away a pair of leggings to THREE lucky ladies!! That's three separate ladies who will win the pair of leggings of their choice!
Read the post about the giveaway here ----> http://ahelpmeetforhim.blogspot.com/2017/01/giveaway-agnes-and-dora-leggings.html
Frequently Asked Questions
My husband teases me that I should charge people for advice; I'm in constant communication with ladies about the Trim Healthy Mama way of eating. I love being a resource, because if it had cost me money to ask questions, I never would have made it to where I am. I love seeing ladies jump on plan, taking steps toward a healthier life, enjoying God's gift of food.
Here are some of my most Frequently Asked Trim Healthy Mama Questions:
- What does a normal day look like for you? What do you eat? When do you eat?
- I'll give you today as an example, but every day is different.
- 8 am Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, black olives, onions, cheese, and bacon. (S, because of the egg yolks, cheese, and bacon)
- 11 am Snack: Three pieces of sprouted grain toast with (sugar free) jam and (one wedge that covered all three pieces) laughing cow cheese. (E, because of the sprouted grain bread and the fruit in the jam)
- 2 pm Lunch: Salad with lettuce, turkey, tomatoes, black olives, Parmesan cheese, and some (sugar free) vinagarette. (S, because of the cheese, and meat)
- 5 pm Dinner: Chicken, broccoli, riced cauliflower, cheese, herbs, butter. (S because of butter, meat, and cheese) We also had Payday candies from the cookbook, an S dessert.
- 8 pm Snack: I made sprouted bread in the bread machine following the recipe in the cookbook. I munched on homemade bread by itself. (E, because of the sprouted bread)
- Do you buy the special ingredients?
- I have used several different things straight from Trim Healthy Mama which were given to me as gifts (Super sweet, gentle sweet, gluccie, and baking blend) and found them to be excellent quality, but you certainly don't need them. I use Truvia (which I get from Wal Mart) and pure stevia (which I get from Trader Joes) to sweeten everything, and we make our own "baking blend" by mixing equal parts almond flour, coconut flour, and golden flax seed. Works great!
- What do you keep on hand? What are your essentials?
- Eggs, bacon, apples, homemade sweet tea sweetened with stevia, skinny pop popcorn, 000 yogurt, green beans, cauliflower, okra, frozen chicken tenderloins, frozen fish, mixed nuts or peanuts, lettuce, tomatoes, light string cheese, off brand laughing cow cheese, sprouted bread, cheese, lean sandwich meat (no sugar in ingredients),frozen berries, heavy cream, coconut oil, dream fields pasta, and sugar free spaghetti sauce. (but I do branch off from this, and you certainly can shift this to fit your taste.)
- What do you use as your main resources?
- You HAVE to have the Trim Healthy Mama Plan Book.
- Gwen's Nest and Brianna Thomas are two of the websites I've used the most.
- I use the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook a couple of times a week.
- I'm a member of the incredibly active (free) Trim Healthy Mama Facebook group, which has been a sounding board for many of my questions and a place to post many victories.
I had a baby in December of 2015, but I've been overweight (at least 170, on my 5 ft 3 frame) for years now. I started this plan at 200.2 pounds, and after fifty-two weeks, I weigh 132.2 pounds. I would like to lose four more pounds before I get pregnant again, but I'm incredibly pleased with my progress and journey! Good luck, ladies! If you have questions, please ask!