9.06.2016

Chincoteague Island








On Labor Day, our little family took a road trip up the Eastern Shore to Chincoteaugue Island, home of the wild ponies. We walked around the quiet town, buying handmade soap and hardback children's books (from this booklist) before heading to the Assateague lighthouse. It was Matt and Charlotte's first lighthouse climb, and the elderly lighthouse keeper gave Charlotte a Junior Lighthouse Keeper badge that feels like the start of a good tradition.

It's peaceful to set aside time to spend, just the three of us. Charlotte tasted ice cream for the first time at the best ice cream shop in Virginia, which she loved (I expect nothing less from a daughter of mine). Matt and I each had a scoop of ice cream, but it's not as fun to eat sugar after you've gone months without it. It made my teeth feel gross (while tasting delicious). I'm down to 139 pounds, so I've lost over sixty pounds this year! Both Matt and I only have a few more pounds to lose! I still (and forever) recommend Trim, Healthy Mamas way of eating. And, since I'm making recommendations (and talking about lighthouses), I saw "The Light Between Oceans" over the weekend, and it's the best movie I've ever seen. Sad, absolutely, but incredibly beautiful.

I'm thankful for a whole day carved out for family time with breezy, overcast, perfect weather and a Christ-honoring sermon about humility to teach our hearts as we made the trip.
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!