11.19.2012

wrapping it up





The year is almost over, and more than ever, I feel ready. Ready for 2013. Ready to step across the finish line on graduation day and start a new, less mentally strenuous chapter of our lives. But before I rush 2012 away, there are several more moments to enjoy. Slowly, Amanda. Slowly. Don't rush out of the Matthew, Amanda, and kitten stage. Watch the moments carefully and cherish the times you'll never have again. Cherish family Thanksgiving and Christmas with no babies to chase around, and a house that doesn't have to be heated yet because there are no baby piggy toes to keep warm. My whole life I've always reached ahead, but lately I've been trying to drag my feet. Trying to enjoy the privilege of a whole night's sleep. Looking forward to babies, but enjoying this quiet house full of breakable things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!