11.27.2012

in this storm


Lack of pictures = My biggest issue as a blogger. I enjoy writing about what we've experienced recently, but documenting it in words seems to be the only format I capture.

Thanksgiving just passed, and with it my last break of my last fall semester. We spent the weekend with Matt's family (13 people in one house), and enjoyed an exuberant amount of home cooked food. One of my brother-in-laws is/ used to be a chef, and Thanksgiving was amazing. We also caught a movie, thrifted, hit up the mall, played board games, went for a walk, played soccer, hugged friends, and endured the "are you pregnant?" question more than once. Still, no. All in all, a great trip home. Yes, Virginia Beach is still home. 

In an unfortunate turn of events, the trip back to Powell involved an at fault collision (none of the eight people in the three cars were injured), putting us home after midnight on the day we had school/work. It's funny how you can spend a whole weekend being fat and thankful, and then get in a car accident and start to slide into ungratefulness. 

That being said, here's what I am thankful for about the car accident we were in:
  • No one was hurt.
  • Our deductible is pretty low and everything else was covered.
  • The ticket Matt received can be paid without having to show up in court five hours away.
  • We were driving the car that we have collision insurance on.
See? Still things to be thankful about. You know what else I'm thankful about? The kitten who has loved me WAY more since we got back from our trip. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. I'm praising the Lord, even in the little storms we face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your lovely comments!