2.09.2012

153.1 pounds


It's that time of the month again. The time when I show you a picture of my side{ish} profile in those striped exercise shorts and that purpleish-blue shirt and turn in the stats. This past month, I lost seven pounds.

Seven isn't as big as ten, but you've heard the saying, "No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch." No offense to those of you who are sitting on your couch as you read this... ;)

Here are this month's life improvements
  • Only drinking water {Except for that one time when I ordered a sweet tea and honestly didn't remember until I was thinking, "Whoa, this is the best sweet tea I've ever tasted!"}
  • Still not having seconds
  • Still eating smaller portions
  • I didn't work out every day this month. Probably twice a week, Matthew and I {and sometimes Chris} would walk 3 miles.
Snacking this month has been hard. We've had alot more company, so we kept making brownies or cranberry pumpkin bread. Mostly, I find that it's all in the little choices I make. 

I've been getting alot more compliments lately, which is a nice little pat on the back from people who don't notice it enough to say, "Hey, have you lost 17 pounds?" but still subconsciously notice that I'm looking better.

This month I think I'll try to walk 3 miles 4 times a week. It takes about an hour every time, so it's just a matter of making time for it.

Well, here I am. 17 down and 25 left to go! It'd like to reach the half way mark this next month. :)

February 153

January 160

December 170

7 comments:

  1. That is awesome :) If you ran the 3 miles instead of walked it would only take you half an hour :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, don't push it! :) No, I know I should run instead, but I'm saving that as a last resort. You know, when I have 5 pounds to go and just can't lose them. :)

      Delete
  2. You're looking great, Amanda! Slow and steady wins the race! <3

    Ms G :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look awesome! Trying to get myself in shape for the wedding! I have 10-15 pounds to go and they don't seem to be going anywhere! Maybe I should start drinking only water... but I sure love my sweet tea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meg! I wish I had done it before my wedding, but I'm also glad I didn't stress about it. Don't let anything get in the way of your day {even sweet tea}! :)

      Delete
  4. Babe.. you are doing so well! I love you!.. oh and I blogged:)

    ReplyDelete

I adore your lovely comments!